The Hunger Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A, rp about The Hunger Games! No canon charries allowed, they're not as much fun. The detailed rules will be posted below.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting for the first time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
planatronics

planatronics

Hunting for the first time Empty
PostSubject: Hunting for the first time   Hunting for the first time I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:11 am

it was the first time I had been alone in the woods and I learned that the wood's would become vital to the survival of my family, as i move along silently with nothing more than an improvised bow i manage to kill a rabbit and two squirel's before heading back for the night, and a long night it would be.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time   Hunting for the first time I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:32 am

My stomach grumbled noisily, scaring off the deer I had been tracking for an hour. The woods were quiet today, only the sound of the mockingjay echoed through the trees.

After a full days hunting I had only managed to catch several fish and scavenged a deer someone had shot and left. On my way back I stumbled across a wild strawberry bush, perfect produce for me to sell.

My sister and brother wont go hungry tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/x-AlwaysAttract-x
planatronics

planatronics

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time   Hunting for the first time I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:38 am

it had been a few months since my last hunt and i was starting to enjoy my time alone in the woods, i had upgraded my old bow and made a full fledged crossbow that could kill a deer with one well aimed hit, as i walked through the woods up to my usual hunting ground and turn to see a girl in the clearing where i had just a few hours ago set a snare to catch any small animals i could. she appears not to of seen me but on the air of caution i approach slowly with my crossbow raised. as i move forward i step on a twig which sets the girl darting back towards the fence without a single word.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time   Hunting for the first time I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:43 am

The woods were bustling full of animals today, I caught sight of a young buck and knelt low to the ground.

My snares were too small to catch such a large animal, so I positioned my crossbow, knowing I was likely to miss. I wished I had brought my knife, I could have taken down the beast with one throw.

Behind me a twig snapped.

I ran quickly, not even looking behind me as the trees blurred.
Back to top Go down
planatronics

planatronics

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time   Hunting for the first time I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:55 am

I decided to let this event pass but i could not help feeling that I knew this girl from somewhere and that i should try to find out who she is.

The next two hours were very uneventful, i caught two rabbits and collected some roots to stew tonight. nothing was good enough to trade if we wanted dinner so we would have to go without any of the candle light we had gotten so accustomed to.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time   Hunting for the first time I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:19 am

The woods matched my good mood today. The sun filtered through the trees, giving me a clear sight of my prey.

In a small clearing, a wild hog was digging in the wet mud, completely unaware of my existance.

I got my knife and handmade bow ready. The arrow was in position and I pulled back on the taught string, aiming stright for the animals head. I had grown accustomed to hunting, the blood and suffering never bothered me anymore.

Before my parents had died, my dad would take me hunting with him and taught me everything I needed to know. It was almost like he had predicted his death.

The wild boar let out one last contented snort before I let go on the arrow, hitting it directly in the eye. I ran to my kill and quickly slit it's throat, my knife never failed me.
Back to top Go down
planatronics

planatronics

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time   Hunting for the first time I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:22 am

As the months pass my skills as a hunter have greatly improved, I have gotten quieter and used to killing and gutting my kills. The blood and organs never bother me anymore.

Ever since last month when a wild dog pounced me and caught me completely off guard, leaving a massive gash on my left leg. Since that day I have always kept my crossbow loaded and my knife sharp to make sure that I can come home to my family every night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for the first time   Hunting for the first time I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting for the first time
Page 1 of 1